News from the summit
Hillclimb season is over and Carl Marcum does it again. And don't forget Brenda Brock tearing it up for queen aginst a hard charging Jennifer Ocker. It's time to start thinking about 2017 and what you can do to go faster. Check out the NHA Facebook page for some great pictures from Maryhill and the rest of our great venues.
The NHA Annual Meeting is comping up on November 12th. I heard a rumor that if you don't show up Charles and Brenda will nominate you for a position (just kidding). It is important to come to the meeting and discuss how to make things better or throw your hat into the ring to help out.
- Membership cost is $10.00 for Jan 1 through Dec 31 of each year and is not prorated through out the year. We encourage early registration prior to race season to save you time and keep registration fluid at events. You won’t leave the starting line if you’re not a member. Please click the link below, fill out the form and mail form and send a $10.00 check to the address provided on form
- NHA Insurance dictates no consumption of alcohol in any area insured by NHA at hillclimb event site.
- Non-insured and non-registered race cars are only allowed on roadway to access the hillclimb course during their run group.
Please read the 2015 Annual meeting notes.
- Cascade Lakes | King Robert Rousseau | Queen Brenda Brock | Results
- Freezeout Hillclimb | King Carl Marcum | Queen Jennifer Ocker | Results
- Larison Rock Hillclimb | King Cal Marcum | Queen Jennifer Ocker| Results
- Hoopa Hillclimb | King Cal Marcum | Queen Brenda Brock | Results
- Bible Creek Hillclimb | King Carl Marcum | Queen Jennifer Ocker | Results
- Bogus Basin Hillclimb | King Carl Marcum | Queen Jennifer Ocker | Results
- Mary Hill Hillclimb | King Carl Marcum | Queen Brenda Brock | Results
- NHA Annual Meeting | November 12 | Bend, OR
class competitors: Please read the updated rules. NHA is following
the SCCA changes in tires for these classes. More can be found on the rules
What’s Your Life And Well-Being Worth?
This will be pretty direct. Hill climbs, like many motorsports
events, entail risk. You sign a waiver, and you’re basically on your
own. Even if you don’t drive beyond your abilities, such as mechanical
failures, like broken axles, can happen. In an instant, you can change
from a driver into a “passenger,” with no control over where you might
Many organizations, such as SCCA and CACC, are requiring a HANS or a like device of a different manufacturer, for motorsports events. My personal opinion is that it will be only a matter of time that NHA requires these devices as well.
Yes, we’re talking about a $600 plus expense. But, what if you went off course and sustained serious injuries, which might have been prevented by using a neck restraint device? Do you want to play with your kids/grandkids from a wheelchair? Or worse? Not if you can help it. In reality, this is pretty cheap insurance.
Do you buy a “Starbucks” at the drive through every day? Kick that habit, prepare your coffee in a thermos, and you can probably save enough in less than a year, to buy the device of your choice.
We have been lucky so far.